A Little Bit About Me...

I am wife to Grady, an interior designer, and mama to two cute poodles. I love sitting on the porch with my hubs, picking restaurants for the design first and menu second, and watching my crazy girls run wild in the back yard...this is where I document our adventures, and share things that inspire me. Welcome!

View My Portfolio

Follow Me on Pinterest
houzz- kitchen design, bathroom design and more

What I'm Saying Right Now...

Follow VirginiaTurner on Twitter
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Fresh Start...

After an unintentional year-long break from blogging, I decided to make a fresh start! A new, less-complicated-for-me blog layout (the other one was a pain to edit) and a new name (I'll explain below) later and I'm ready to get back in the swing of things and hopefully do a better job of chronicling our life :).

We have had quite a fun year of engagement, traveling, and learning to be married. It has been amazing, and I wouldn't change a minute of it. We have definitely had our moments of struggle (job frustrations, fitting all of our years of single-life into one house, etc.) but we are beyond thankful that we are facing them with each other. So, rather than always looking for greener grass on the other side, we are appreciating the green grass right outside our door instead.

I saw the below poster on Pinterest and it really hit me. I am such a perfectionist. It's not a good thing. It is the reason I never posted in my last blog (too worried about photo editing), and it has a tendency to effect all of the other, much more important, areas of my life too. So, with this pretty poster as a reminder, I'm really focusing on holding myself to a standard of grace instead.



I started A Cure for the Common Space primarily to post about interior design inspiration and projects I am working on. I just didn't think that name really made sense with my new goal, which is just to keep a record our life together. I will still include posts on design of course since it's a huge part of my life, but it won't be the focus any more (good lessons for the first months of marriage also :)). Anyway - glad you found your way here!

2 comments: