A Little Bit About Me...

I am wife to Grady, an interior designer, and mama to two cute poodles. I love sitting on the porch with my hubs, picking restaurants for the design first and menu second, and watching my crazy girls run wild in the back yard...this is where I document our adventures, and share things that inspire me. Welcome!

View My Portfolio

Follow Me on Pinterest
houzz- kitchen design, bathroom design and more

What I'm Saying Right Now...

Follow VirginiaTurner on Twitter
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Land of Cotton...and Golf

We packed up the dogs and headed to Helena last Thursday for a fun weekend of golf and playing in the cotton.  This is the third year that Grady and I have played in the two man - two woman tournament in Helena with his uncle Bill and cousin Brandy.  As always, we had a great time, and I think this may have been our best score yet!  Grady hit a shot into the cup from 80 yards out to win us a nice little prize for the skins win, and we got 3rd overall in the tournament as a team.  Here we are about to hit the course:
We also got to spend some time enjoying the cotton fields.  Grady's parents haven't planted cotton since we've been together, so this was my first time to see it up close and personal.  Grady was in heaven reliving his childhood!  It really is so gorgeous to look out over the fields of white.  



We even got to jump in the module builder and land in the fluffy white mound of freshly picked cotton...


Here is the cotton going from the picker to the module builder:
And here is the finished module ready to go to the gin:
We had such a great time and can't thank Mr. and Mrs. Turner, Terah, Bill, and Margret for having us over for a fun and relaxing weekend.  Hopefully we'll be back soon!

These two had a great time too, and have been missing all of the extra attention they got for a few days!


1 comment: