A Little Bit About Me...

I am wife to Grady, an interior designer, and mama to two cute poodles. I love sitting on the porch with my hubs, picking restaurants for the design first and menu second, and watching my crazy girls run wild in the back yard...this is where I document our adventures, and share things that inspire me. Welcome!

View My Portfolio

Follow Me on Pinterest
houzz- kitchen design, bathroom design and more

What I'm Saying Right Now...

Follow VirginiaTurner on Twitter
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One {Crazy Wonderful} Year

From Wedding Photos - Katie Mosley
Grady and I celebrated our First Anniversary on January 15th.  I can't believe it's been a year already!  It seems so recent that we were digging out a path in the snow on Lookout to get to the church :).  This year we spent the day before our anniversary having lunch on a patio in short sleeves...crazy!
We had a laid back weekend together here in Fort Worth.  Grady gave me gorgeous flowers on Saturday...
 
From Green Grass & Grace
From Green Grass & Grace
On Saturday night we enjoyed a fabulous steak dinner at Del Frisco's downtown.  It was one of the best meals I've ever had, and so nice to have a fun, fancy night out.
From Green Grass & Grace
On Sunday (the actual day), we had a relaxing day at home before eating the traditional piece of frozen wedding cake that night.
From Green Grass & Grace
It was actually really good still!  We both kind of grimaced as we were about to take the first bite, but were pleasantly surprised and ended up having a full piece each and continued enjoying it over the week.  My mom did an excellent job preserving it, and I got it out on Saturday to defrost.  It worked perfectly!
It has been such an amazing year!  Neither of us ever would have predicted what it would bring, but we couldn't feel more blessed.  The past year has brought a ton of fun along with some trials, but there is no one I'd rather have by my side no matter what comes our way than Grady.  I am so thankful for him and for how much we have grown and been strengthened over the past year.
And, because I never did put a good collection of wedding photos on here - here is a little slide show with just some of my favorites from the big day :).

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Virginia! What a blessing to have a wonderful marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year anniversary, V! It has been a busy year to say the least! Hope all is well in Ft. Worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary and LOVE all the pics!

    ReplyDelete