So last week in the midst of preparing for our mid-week gathering, while watching Million Dollar Decorators (my new favorite design show...well it's tied with Flipping Out), I decided my coffee table needed a little re-style. Living in a rental means that I have to find opportunities to upgrade where possible, with minimum dollars spent, preferably only on things that we will take with us when we go. My coffee table is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. It was given to my by my first bosses here in Starkville, and is a legit antique cotton cart, used to haul cotton bails (these have recently become very popular thanks to Restoration Hardware and others). I love it because it's the real deal, my boss found it in some warehouse somewhere in Mississippi, and Grady loves it because it has to do with cotton :). Anyway, it's huge and a big focal point in our tiny living room, and it was kinda sad.
![]() |
| From Green Grass & Grace |
![]() |
| From Green Grass & Grace |
I'm really happy with how the make-over turned out. There is still plenty of room on the table for glasses, plates, etc. but everything seems a little more proportional now. Plus, pulling items from the other pieces of furniture in the room helped them to feel less cluttered. I probably spent way to much time on this, but it made me pretty happy so it was worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment