We headed to Auburn for Labor Day weekend so celebrate my sweet mom's birthday and watch Auburn play Utah State. Molly, being the stud she is, scored us some box seats in her company's skybox, so mom, Molly, Bo, and I went to the game while dad and Grady played golf. I didn't manage to get any pics of us in the box, but here is our view:
Molly and Bo were fabulous hosts all weekend! We had a great dinner at Amsterdam on Friday night (still love that place!) and cooked out and their house on Saturday night. After a wonderful birthday brunch for mom on Sunday, Grady and I headed back to Mississippi. It was a great weekend on the plains!
The week after we were in Auburn, I decided I was going to try my hand at dog grooming. The dogs were in desperate need of a haircut, and we didn't really want to spend the cash to take them both to get it professionally done. I honestly don't think I did all that bad! I'm sure that if a pro groomer looked at them they would wonder what had happened to them, but I'm thinking that with some practice and decent clippers, I may become their permanent stylist. Here is the end result:
The funniest part is their reaction to the haircuts. They both stood really still and did great while I was working, but it takes FOREVER so I could only do one of them a night. I cut Lorelei's hair (the blonde one) first, and didn't cut Layla's hair for several nights. In the time between, they were both very pouty - I think Lo was mad that she had a haircut, and Layla was mad she didn't. Crazy poodles. Now that everyone is looking good, they have stopped their pouting thank goodness.
This past weekend, Molly and Bo came in town to visit. We were so excited to have them here and for the four of us to spend some time hanging out. We went out to dinner, watched the Auburn game (sad day), and had a great time! We are so glad that they were in town for a few days!
I have become really bad at taking out the camera however, so we have no pictures of us hanging out. I will share this delicious breakfast casserole that we had Saturday morning.
Not only was it very tasty, but it has the added bonus of being a crock-pot recipe, so we threw everything in on Friday and night and woke up to a hot breakfast Saturday morning. I think I will make it with sausage instead of bacon next time just to test it out, but all in all I definitely recommend it.
Molly also gave me a fabulous early birthday present.
I fell in love with these glasses at Anthropologie...and on a random trip to Tuesday Morning found them for half the price. Always exciting. So when Molly asked what I wanted for my birthday, we headed over and picked up 8 of them. I think that Grady is concerned that I have an unhealthy love of glasses, but I just can't help it!
Anyway - that brings us to this rainy week that we've been having here in Starkville, so we're all caught up! It's been a busy few weeks and we're looking forward to mom and dad coming to visit this weekend. I'm hoping the sun will come out tomorrow, the rain has been making me want to sit on the sofa and drink tea all day instead of working...which is not a good idea! I will make it my goal to take more pics and not be such a lazy blogger from here on out :)! Hope you're all having a wonderful week!



I love hearing about your world so do keep blogging! Those crazy poodles! :) and hope to see you in November in Chatty! Love you!
ReplyDelete